[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 73, Issue 6

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Fri Oct 9 19:38:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 20:13:51 +0100, Neil Haughton wrote:
: > I have about a bajillion username/password pairs for all sorts of
: > things. Right now I have a big list of them in a location that's not as
: > secure as I would like.

: > Can anyone suggest a trustworthy online password repository for storing
: > this sort of stuff?

: Your head. Short of torture it's completely secure. Honest! :-)

It's also lossy.

Personally, I use a GPGed textfile and an ssh client.  Job done.  And yes,
I am capable of typing my passphrase on my mobile, should I need account
details on a machine I don't entirely trust or one which has no ssh
client...

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.