[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 72, Issue 12

Graham Swallow lists at information-cascade.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 12:51:53 UTC 2009

> >Anyone who's seriously interested in communicating their ideas should make
> >every effort to make them as easily understood as possible.  Not doing so
> is
> >arrogant, IMNSHO.  Being put off by said arrogance is different from
> >pedantry.

Each of us lives in a bubble,
presuming the world to be as we expect / believe it to be.

When we encounter a spilling mistake,
something is not as we expected, predicted, believed or wished.
Does the bubble bounce, stretch, burst, or what?

Our world view is scratched, albeit in a very minor way,
but that is magnified by the weight of the rest of the bubble.
Since that is our own perception, it might be ALL of our current perception,
ie all of me, everything that I am. Suddenly brought into contradiction.

That is a narcissistic injury, if its a problem, it may be a problem.

Graham