[sclug] OT: Two weeks with the HTC Hero and Android OS

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 21:48:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Alex Butcher wrote:

> # time dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/xxxx-xxxx/dummyfile bs=10485760 count=20
> 20+0 records in
> 20+0 records out
> 209715200 bytes (210 MB) copied, 33.4529 s, 6.3 MB/s
>
> Does that suggest it's actually Class 6 or better

Answering my own question; from the C16G and JAPAN silkscreens, I reckon
it's actually a Toshiba-manufactured card (the silkscreening is virtually
identical to
<http://images.google.com/images?q=toshiba+microsdhc&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search>).
According to Toshiba, the maximum write speed of their C16G card is 6MB/s,
which fits the benchmark above.

<http://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=sm_sdhc&sort=r&bpmax=&asuch=16gb+microsdhc&v=e&plz=&dist=&xf=>
lists microSDHC prices in the UK; Transcend do a Class 6 16GB card for
45.87UKP, nearly double what I paid for my PNY-branded card.

Best Regards,
Alex