[sclug] Community Support

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 15:47:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Jonathan H N Chin wrote:

> Matthew Daubney <matt at daubers.co.uk> wrote:
>> My question is this, What drives you to help support random strangers on
>> Linux for no reward?
>
> I don't think people do. They expect the help will be returned.

Replace 'expect' with 'hope' and you might be onto something.

Personally, my Google-Fu is good enough and my interests esoteric enough
that if I can't search for and find answers to my queries, I don't expect to
get useful answers from "general" mailing lists, forums, etc. And yet, I
still try to help others out.

> -jonathan

Best Regards,
Alex