[sclug] POST = Persistent Object STorage for C++

Graham Swallow lists at information-cascade.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 22:22:40 UTC 2011

We were discussing MySQL embedded into a single process hybrid app.
Also mentioned was SQL-lite (if you want SQL) and gdbm (if GPL is OK)
I mentioned P.O.S.T. as a small (non-SQL) datastore alternative.

It MMAP's the entire file in, and uses C++/structs/objects
of more or less any type, and comes complete with some (optional) B-tree
stuff (etc).
You can then use C/C++ pointers within the file, almost as normal.
The same author has other more advanced DB libraries, (not gdbm)

        http://www.garret.ru/databases.html

Graham