[sclug] Web Application Firewall?

Sapan Ganguly sapan.ganguly at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:17:54 UTC 2011

Hello all,

It has been a while since I made a post, what has prompted me to do so today
is that I've been told that I need to provide a web application firewall by
the end of tomorrow.  There is a Windows IIS web server that needs some kind
of extra protection.  Does anyone know of a ready made free web application
firewall that is provided as a virtual appliance?

I know it is a long shot but I've been given very little time to do this,
I've had a look at things like ModSecurity which I can go ahead and set up
and configure if I can't find something ready made.  OpenWAF (
http://openwaf.org) looks promising, has anyone used it?

Thanks,

Sapan