[sclug] High Wycombe

Ed Davies sclug.xu.1106 at edavies.me.uk
Tue Feb 28 10:16:52 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-27 21:59, Jonathan Steel wrote:
>> Your pub is about 40 minutes away. A 1 hour 20 min round trip isn't
>> too appealing on a week day; is parking easy? Does anyone live close
>> to High Wycombe?

Pity - I used to go along to the SCLUG meetings from High
Wycombe but, as you say, the round trip was a bit of a pain
and I gave up quite a while ago. The temptation to have,
perhaps, one more beer than was really sensible for the
drive was a bit of a worry, too. Some sort of car pool would
have been very attractive.

Unfortunately from this point of view I now live on the
north coast of Scotland so the round trip is even less
appealing.

Parking is easy. There's a big multistory pay-and-display
just across and down the canal from the pub, with a footbridge.
I'd recommend going along and saying hi to everybody once
in a while even if you can't make it regularly.

Ed.