[sclug] High Wycombe

Jason Rivers jason at jasonrivers.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 10:38:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-28 10:16, Ed Davies wrote:
> On 2012-02-27 21:59, Jonathan Steel wrote:
>>> Your pub is about 40 minutes away. A 1 hour 20 min round trip isn't
>>> too appealing on a week day; is parking easy? Does anyone live
>>> close
>>> to High Wycombe?
>
> Pity - I used to go along to the SCLUG meetings from High
> Wycombe but, as you say, the round trip was a bit of a pain
> and I gave up quite a while ago. The temptation to have,
> perhaps, one more beer than was really sensible for the
> drive was a bit of a worry, too. Some sort of car pool would
> have been very attractive.
>
> Unfortunately from this point of view I now live on the
> north coast of Scotland so the round trip is even less
> appealing.
>
> Parking is easy. There's a big multistory pay-and-display
> just across and down the canal from the pub, with a footbridge.
> I'd recommend going along and saying hi to everybody once
> in a while even if you can't make it regularly.
>
> Ed.

A note on the multi-story - DON'T park before 6PM, if you park before
then you get "Day Rate" for your entire stay, we found this out the hard
way.

I come up from Basingstoke, and drop a couple of other people off on
the way home, making my home journey around an hour, it's a little
tiresome, but as it's only once a month and generally a very good
evening it is worth it. :-)

Hopefully we will see you there! :)