[sclug] Winter project

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 15 12:29:19 UTC 2013

>Is there anyone out there who could (and would be willing) to mentor me, at
>least to get me started, and perhaps offer guidance on how to do the
>Android/Pi stuff? I expect I will be told to use Python on the Pi, which I
>have never done before

I don't have any Pi experience but if you have any coding experience in
any language then Python will be dead easy to pick up and, most likely, a
 pleasure to code in.? The O'Reilly "Learning Python" book is an
excellent primer.? AFAIK Python works on Android too, though I haven't had reason to investigate if there are any decent application frameworks like .NET targeted at Android and Python... might be worth checking out to kill two birds with one snake.