[sclug] Which pub for SCLUG

Steven De Souza-Wilson steven at desouza-wilson.com
Sun Feb 27 10:47:02 UTC 2022

Just to add - I believe that the Oakford shows the football - therefore
wednesday night would be especially busy and loud.

What we are looking for is a quier pub, with a good variety of food and
drink.

of those listed - my opinions are as follows:

Zero Degrees:

very loud, and limited drink selection. inflexible seating will cause
an issue if group size in larger than expected

Oakford:
loud and likely to show the football - food selection is good - drinks
somewhat limited ( very few in any real ales)

Brewdog:

loud, inflexible seating without pre-booking. only real provide craft
beer - limited / no selection for soft drinks, wines, ales. Extremly
limited food offering

Maiden's head:

Good variety of food and drinks ( always at least 2 ales on tap - plus
bottles - craft, lager, wine, soft drinks) very flexible layout and
accomodating staff.

It's not Reading - this may put some people off.

others to considers:

Three Guineas:

amazing location, good drink and food selection, very flexible layout
with the option of the downstairs bar for further segregation if
required.

Outlook:
food selection is fine, drink selection can be limited on ales, but
otherwise good.