[Scottish] [SLUG-announce] Xmas Meeting(s)

willie fleming scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 10:10:01 2002

The December meeting of SLUG will be on Thursday 19th this year, as usual=
 at=20
Xmas it gets bumped forwards a week. No speakers have been organised yet,=
 so=20
provisionally we'll be meeting in the Counting House on George Sqare arou=
nd=20
7:30. However if somebody wants to organise a talk then its not too late =
to=20
do that either...
Any volunteers for a wee floor-spot kindly step forward......

For those that cant stay away or cant make the 19th, there will be anothe=
r pub=20
meet on the 26th in the Goose on Union St.=20

Heres the map for the Livi Tower  =20
http://www.strath.ac.uk/maps/images/livingston.gif =20
just in case we get a speaker organised. Computer Science Common Room 11t=
h=20
floor.There will be penguin signs from the front door.

And here's just where The Goose on Union Street is ( Union St, unsurprisi=
ngly)
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=3D258750&Y=3D665250&width=3D700&=
height=3D400&client=3Dpublic&gride=3D&gridn=3D&srec=3D0&coordsys=3Dgb&add=
r1=3D&addr2=3D&addr3=3D&pc=3DG1&scale=3D5000&advanced=3D&multimap.x=3D438=
&multimap.y=3D244
just at the "L" in Central.

Do I need to put in a map for the Counting House? Aye OK then

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=3D259250&Y=3D665500&width=3D700&=
height=3D400&client=3Dpublic&gride=3D&gridn=3D&srec=3D0&coordsys=3Dgb&add=
r1=3D&addr2=3D&addr3=3D&pc=3DG1&scale=3D5000&advanced=3D&multimap.x=3D281=
&multimap.y=3D272
on the corner of George Sq and St Vincent St.

All welcome for geekly gabbing and glugging. Look for the group with the =
furry=20
penguin.  _somebody_  please bring a penguin this month :-)

This decision was arrived at entirely undemocratically by a small cabal o=
n=20
IRC. Join us on  eu.freenode.net   #scotlug to take part in this undemocr=
atic=20
cabalism. Occaisionally we talk computer stuff too.

Stand by for updates if we can get a speaker organised for a session in t=
he=20
Livi Tower before the pub.

Remember the LUG that glugs together, stays together

Have a Kool Yule y'all
Willie Fleming
willie@itscotland.demon.co.uk