[Scottish] OT Laptops (the saga comes to an end)

Edward Betts scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 18 21:21:00 2002

george <george@experimentalmonkey.co.uk> wrote:
> Having searched high and low for a laptop without XP on it, I
> eventually found one,  an iBook!

Well done.

> Anyway Now that I have all the programs running in the mac that I needed
> windows for, I am left with a problem. Which distro should I install on
> my PC when I remove windows.

<nitpick> Today Apple sells see Macs, the iMac, the PowerMac and the eMac, the
iBook is not a mac. </nitpick>

My brother installed Debian on his iBook, works okay, I am going to play with
it a bit over Christmas, so I can give you a fuller report then. As for
running on a PC, I would recommed Debian, but then I am bound to.

Neal Stephenson runs Debian, read "In the Beginning was the Command Line" @
http://www.just-think-it.com/command.htm

--
People are afraid to merge