[Scottish] Procmail problem ("Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/sjm217")

scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 14:17:00 2002

Martin,

> Use the '-m' option.  That tells procmail it's acting as a pure filter
> rather than a delivery agent.  That shouldn't be a problem for you since
> you have a recipe that should *always* deliver.  So try
>
>   defaults mda "/usr/bin/procmail /homes/sjm217/.procmailrc"

I assume you meant:
---
    defaults mda "/usr/bin/procmail -m /homes/sjm217/.procmailrc"
---
Which does indeed work :-) Thanks.

The output of the verbose run is the same as before (minus the error message)
and when the verbose switch is removed it produces no output (which is what I
would like).

Everything now works as expected so I can go on with copying over my spam
filtering rules (which are very simple but very effective for the classes of
spam I get).

Thanks again,
Steven Murdoch.