[Scottish] Procmail problem ("Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/sjm217")

Martin McCarthy scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 14:01:01 2002

> seem relevant but I would prefer to do the setting change via a command line
> switch or a runtime config file. Any ideas?

Ah!  Now I'm with you - I was trying to solve the wrong problem I guess
:-)

Use the '-m' option.  That tells procmail it's acting as a pure filter
rather than a delivery agent.  That shouldn't be a problem for you since
you have a recipe that should *always* deliver.  So try

  defaults mda "/usr/bin/procmail /homes/sjm217/.procmailrc"

Cheers,
Martin McCarthy                 /</         http://www.non-prophet.org
marty@ancient-scotland.co.uk    \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk
                                /</    http://www.ehabitat.demon.co.uk