[scottish] talks for September((not)August) 2002

Martin McCarthy scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 14 23:33:01 2002

OK - so I'm going to ramble on^W^Wtalk interestingly about procmail at
this month's meeting.

I'd appreciate knowing beforehand if there are particular areas that
would be more interesting to people.  General stuff about building
conditions?  How to use regular expressions and still have an active and
enjoyable life?  Debugging recipes for fun and profit?  Or more scary
stuff like invoking external programs in conditions?  Weighted scoring?
Recursive include files, even?

If there are no particular preferences I'll probably cover some basic
details for the benefit of those who want to do things like standard
mailing-list sorting and simple spam filtering, talk a bit about regular
expressions and how to write them, plus how they're quite different from
egrep regexes despite what the man pages say, and cover weighted scoring
to the point where you even wonder how the man pages make it sound like
they're really difficult.

If there are particular preferences then please let me know :-)

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</         http://www.non-prophet.org