[scottish] talks for September((not)August) 2002

Rod McCall scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 11:50:01 2002

>I'd like to be able to filter out spam, secure my internet connection, that
>kind of stuff.

Well I am no expert on secure net connections, however to prevent spam
there are a number of ways. One I currently  use is www.spamcop.net its $30
per year filters spam before it even hits your system, moreover it can be
accessed for POP and Webmail so you can read and write email on the move.
Also if like me you have a Palmtop/Notebook for when you are out and about
it prevents spam from costing you a fortune in call costs when using your
mobile to download email.

Spamcop isn't perfect but for someone like me who needs a desktop and
mobile solution in one it's the most useful.

cheers,

rod

Rod McCall  <www.runrev.com>
Runtime Revolution Ltd
Revolution - The Solution for Software Development
tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165 fax: +44 (0) 131 718 4334