[scottish] talks for September((not)August) 2002

William Anderson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 12:02:01 2002

Huard, Elise - D C&W Consultant wrote:
> In Linux Format of last month they were praising SpamAsassin.  There
> were a couple of interesting articles about security, as well (and
> it's understandable for fairly inexperienced users like me).

Spamassassin simply rocks -- I use it on my PIII debian mail server, but
according to Tom Gilbert - www.linuxbrit.co.uk - it's a bit clunky on a
lower spec machine, say a 486.  In that low spec scenario, a well tailored
procmail recipe, such as Tom has, might be more useful if you handle a fair
amount of traffic and don't want the delivery time to be hampered.

ps didja see my letter of the month in last months' issue?  :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'