[Scottish] Thanks Tony

Kevin McDermott scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 26 15:26:00 2002

Ok...

I know we'd all like to thank Tony for his help and leadership that he has given us all over
the past 4 and a half years as the ScotLUG organiser.

During this time, Tony moved us from meeting in a pub on Waterloo Street, to a more
user-friendly format, with talks and presentations related to the Linux Community, and has
successfully accommodated us pub-Geeks ;)

The earliest posting I could find on Google from Tony can be seen here...
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_umsgid=%3Cl%2B6UDXAo%241X1Ewi%24@dyer.demon.co.uk%3E%231/1&
lr=&as_scoring=d&hl=en>

And since then Tony has worked hard to make the Scottish Linux User Group what it is, a bunch of friendly geeks who enjoy a be
er and a chat (at least) once a month, and hopefully we can continue in that manner.

Thanks again Tony,

Kevin