[Scottish] Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

willie fleming scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 2 08:26:01 2003

On Tuesday 01 Apr 2003 23:25, ray wrote:-

> > Expect the gmane facility to be up in the next couple of days.
>
> If you are going to add this list wholesale without requiring everyone to
> rejoin after being told that their addresses will be going into a
> newsgroup; then could you at least 'request that the entire list be
> encrypted' i.e 'Address Obfuscation'.
Already selected :-)

> Otherwise pleas send a warning notice to the list so that people can change
> to using the http://www.scotlug.org.uk/ forum or start using a bogus
> address.  I take it that you will not add any existing archive of this list
> wihout 'Address Obfuscation'.
Certainly not, I dont intend adding the existing archives anyway.

BTW I feel that the  http://www.scotlug.org.uk/ forum is an extremely
under-utilised resource.

Again, if anyone has the slightest problem after this change, please let me
know ASAP and we will back out.

AFAICT, we can do this change without requiring any action from or increasing
the security risk of any existing non-gmane-aware member. That is the basis
on which I finally at long last decided on this trial. Again if anyone knows
different, tell me ASAP
--
Best Regards
Willie Fleming