[Scottish] Re: Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

willie fleming scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 2 18:42:03 2003

On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 09:53, Will Partain wrote
> tony@dyer.demon.co.uk writes:
> > Should we arrange with the list manager (Willie Fleming)
> > to stop our archival posts? ...

We will continue with the existing archive arrangements via lug.org.uk
Unless there is HUGE demand to make the archives available on gmane, I see no
reason to change anything else. Remember this is a one month trial. Actually
I expect that nobody will notice when the trial period is up and we will just
continue blissfully........
> I would change *nothing* about the existing arrangements
> (which sounds like what Willie is doing).
Exactly -- I have (and will not without a VERY good reason) changed ANYTHING
regarding our setup at lug.org.uk

> To use gmane, you just point a newsreader at news.gmane.org;
I really must try this sometime
> gmane itself is discussed in the group gmane.discuss.
And we will be gmane.linux.scottishusersgroup