[Scottish] AD: (not mine) Perl coder needed, Shawfield, Glasgow

Michael Cameron scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 24 16:05:01 2003

>I apologise if people feel this is an inappropriate posting.
>
>I've just been phoned up out of the blue by an agency looking for a perl
>coder (which is weird, as they say they found my cv 'on the perl
>website' (I've never submitted it?!) and even more weird as I'm really
>more of a perl tinkerer than hacker..).
>
>I'm not looking for work right now since I'm officially sick [tm] and
>I'm not sure what I want to do next once I'm better anyway..
>(Quick, somebody convince me that a career as a coder would be fun, I
>kinda lost interest long ago although there's always the temptation to
>'play' with my rusty skills..)
>
>Since they sounded friendly and they seemed desperate to find a Perl
>coder from somewhere, I foolishly(?) said I'd ask here if there
>was anybody
>interested, I hope nobody objects..
>
>Here are the details:
>
>Some company in the Shawfield area of Glasgow (or Rutherglen if you
>prefer) are looking for a Perl coder, Mon - Fri, office hours.
>
>If anybody is interested, contact
>Caroline Reynolds at Learning IT,
>caroline.reynolds@learningit.com  (0141 248-5000)

Learning IT are not an agency as far as I am aware; they offer training in a
variety of things including Cisco certification.  If anyone goes for this
I'd suggest pushing for a lot more details and, if it is a temporary post,
make sure you get them to reduce any agency fees to a minimum.

Good luck,

MC