[Scottish] SuSE 8.2 passwords question

neil sinclair scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 01:05:01 2003

Thanks for the reply!

No joy on the 'su fiona' thing.

It's probably irrelevant, but the permissions on her directory were slightly
different from the other accounts  - she had rwxrWxr-x, the other accounts
rwxr-xr-x. But I may have changed that when putting her data on after
installing 8.2 - can't remember.

How can I check out the login shell?

Or the correct permissions on her home directory etc?

Or is it less trouble just to delete this 'fiona' account, create another one,
and direct the new one to use her current home and data? (Does seem like
cheating, though...)

All her (and my) stuff is backed up, so I'm set up for some serious learning
here! (And also way out of my depth)

Thanks again -

Neil.