[Scottish] The Future of the LUG

Graeme Thomson TMW2N at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 14:06:53 GMT 2003

re: the irc applet, i've had problems getting it to work reliably on my
apple machines. it seems to quite hapily lock up bot safari 1.1 and
internet explorer 5.2 for mac.

i was considering some other ways of getting irc access over the web,
such as CGI scripts, but i think they are resource hungry.  and my irc
tutorial will be mentioning it as a last resort for if you cant get
conencted for some reason, to see if anyone can help you in "real time"
(quotes cos sometime you can wait a while for anyone to be awake :D )

regards