[Scottish] The Future of the LUG

ptb p.bracken at connectfree.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 23:25:42 GMT 2003

Hallo all : -

As an activity/interest group that can't even agree on having
any need for a customarily-adequate para-bureaucratic committee
component, SLUG would maybe feel out of place dealing with
politicians who actually want to govern and are willing to face
up to trying to do it.  So maybe the ones who are happier with
opposition jobs (aren't all three MSPs mentioned and likewise
the SSP ones 'List' as well?) would indeed be suitably
irrelevant?  Not exactly building on strengths is it?

Don't get me wrong, SLUG has been fine in terms of individual
members' achievements and help given but what has it done in
say the last six months except survive?

Pat

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:15:23 +0000
Willie <willie at itscotland.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday 13 December 2003 14:13, Martin Habets wrote:
> <snip>
> > And with all the political talk I think we have found a perfect
> > "raison d'etre" for the Scottish LUG (versus the Glasgow LUG).
> > With SLUG we can have one interface to all of of Scottish politics,
> > and we can all contact our local MSPs.
> sounds good --  you volunteering to do a skeleton letter we can all send?
>
> We'll need to do individual ones to those pols we want to contact directly.
> As a starter list I'd go for
>
> Patrick Harvey	Green
> Nicola Sturgeon 	SNP
> Annabel Goldie	Con
>
> We can stress the anti-globalisation aspect when we find someone in the SSP
> who wants to take this on.
>
> Anybody want to help me draft sensible letters to these folks?
>
> Or possibly more to the point, does anybody object to me/us contacting them in
> the name of SLUG?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Willie Fleming

    Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r0 & Sylpheed 0.7.4 are free software
     Free as in http://fsfeurope.org/ or http://www.fsf.org/
 also http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ & http://www.ukcdr.org/ &
              http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals