[Scottish] The Future of the LUG

dode dodep at tystie.com
Mon Dec 15 20:05:20 GMT 2003

On Sunday 14 December 2003 21:14, Ian Ruffell wrote:

> > Don't get me wrong, SLUG has been fine in terms of individual
> > members' achievements and help given but what has it done in
> > say the last six months except survive?
>
> Don't knock the personal contacts, help given and expertise shared. In my
> experience, good advice, in a supportive forum, does more - and gets passed
> on further - than you might think. Even advice to read TFM is helpful if
> it's phrased tactfully ;-)

This is maybe one area that we could improve on, how about a list of members
interests / areas of expertise? It would provide a quick way of finding out
who is who and what they do, also an opportunity to those members who are
offering support or other services to make themselves known.

Perhaps a section on the website with mini-bios of the usual suspects along
with details of where they can be found (IRC, blog, website or on / under the
table in the counting house).

Dode