[Scottish] Forming New LUG

Andy Gilmour andyg at lodge.glasgownet.com
Tue Dec 23 02:35:56 GMT 2003

I know this thread has continued considerably past this point, however I
the thread has little relevance to my point, so I answer from here.

Firstly, I see this as a great loss to scotlug,  I live in Alloa, and in
this order, work commitments - finance - work commitments have found it
difficult to attend more than 2 or 3 scotlug meetings per year, one of
those was your talk on linux qualification  which had a profound affect
on my disabled partner, and indeed I have used my brainbench (the
"favourite price" one you informed us of) qualifications to gain
employment since the company I was with then went under.

I understand, and agree with what you wish to achieve, however find I
have to urge caution.   I do not want to see a state where lug's become
fragmented in the way the church has ( imagine a protestant lug and a
catholic lug each with their own many subdivisions of subdivisions).

If you do form an alternative Glasgow lug, then I wish you the best of
luck, and hope you will continue to retain close ties with scotlug  and
most of all ensure that  affiliation with either groups is not mutually
exclusive.  As advocates od both linux and open source, if it comes down
to split groups, then cooperation is the best ways to our common goals,
the groups should compliment each others, not rival each others.

Cheers
Andy Gilmour

PS Tony, on a totally offtopic note (after visiting your homesite), you
can check out my mog's from the cpl at
http://antiroot.homedns.org/cats.php  and watch their basket at
http://antiroot.homedns.org/cam.html.   enjoy