[Scottish] Connecting to BT through surftime

Gordon JC Pearce scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 2 15:17:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 11:22, grburns wrote:
> Have connected modem and checked log - connection fails at password
> authentication - I've asked BT about connection through Linux but they were
> not very helplful
>
> George Burns

Ah-ha... I know this one.  Is the network configured, and if so, does it
have a default route set?  Because if it does, it may get upset about
authenticating.  I had this with my girlfriend's PC, running Debian and
connecting to nthellworld.

Of course, this presupposes that you've checked you're using the correct
name and password...

Cheers,
  Gordon