[Scottish] OT: Weird domain stuff

Mark Robinson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 09:54:01 2003

Hello S.L.U.G,

I received the email quoted below this morning.  I haven't done
anything with the domain, and know of no reason anything should be
happening to it. Does anyone know what is going on?  Are they trying
to take it off me?  Is this some kind of scam, or is it a legitimate
change?

HELP please!

 Mark

A request has been made to transfer domain name(s) for which you are
the administrative contact to the registrar BulkRegister.com. In order
to approve or disapprove the transfer, please click on the following
"Link" and use the "Login Information" provided below within 5
calendar days of this email:

Link:
http://bulkregister.com/admin.html

Login Information
-----------------

Batch ID     : <snip>
Admin Handle : <snip>
Pin #        : <snip>

Each domain you submitted for transfer in this batch is listed below:

reason-technology.com

NOTE: If you have received more than one email, please use the link or
login information provided in each email. You may be listed as the
administrative contact at your current registrar for more than one
handle.

Some email programs may require that you copy and paste the link into
the "address" or "location" window of your browser. If you experience
technical difficulties accessing the above link please contact
adminsupport@bulkregister.com.

By approving the transfer(s), you acknowledge that you have read and
agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the BulkRegister.com
Registration Agreement(RA) and ICANN's Uniform Domain Name Dispute
Resolution Policy(UDRP) found below.

If you experience technical difficulities accessing the above link
please contact adminsupport@bulkregister.com.

BulkRegister.com Registration Agreement(RA)
http://bulkregister.com/agreement.phtml

ICANN's Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy(UDRP)
http://bulkregister.com/disputepolicy.phtml

Thank you,

BulkRegister
Transfer Operations