[Scottish] OT: Weird domain stuff

William Anderson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 16:03:01 2003

Mark Robinson wrote:
> Hello S.L.U.G,
>
> I received the email quoted below this morning.  I haven't done
> anything with the domain, and know of no reason anything should be
> happening to it. Does anyone know what is going on?  Are they trying
> to take it off me?  Is this some kind of scam, or is it a legitimate
> change?

Your domain was registered with Network Solutions, not BulkRegister -
someone is illegally trying to grab your domain before (or when) it expires
on the 10th of February.

I suggest you contact your ISP Force9 (aka PlusNet), who registered the
domain on your behalf, as soon as possible, forwarding them the email and as
much detail as you can.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like