[Scottish] If you had a choice between...

Aidan Karley scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 18 01:30:01 2003

In article <1042745667.280.11.camel@hal>, Gavin McCord wrote:
> I haven't bought much from PC World. I don't think their stuff is that
> great;
       Me neither.

> what I've had hasn't been any better than what I've purchased in
> Priceless or Infiniti or by mail order.

       But by the time you add in the cost of delivery ... the prices are
a lot closer. They're not as bad a rip-off as they used to be.
       Generally I'll buy kit from a local "real" shop in preference to
PCWorld, but if I need a particular thing *now*, they're better than
nowt.
       There's a lot to be said for being able to harangue staff about
broken or failed equipment *in* *front* *of* *customers-to-be* - there is
nothing that stops the till ringing like a ex-customer shouting at the
"technicians", and the manager will do almost *anything* to placate the
angry customer. Doesn't make up for brain-dead staff, but the
bean-counters don't complain about PCWorld receipts while they do about a
"Joes 'puter Shack" receipt.

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen,  Scotland