[Scottish] sql

Kenny Duffus scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 28 15:24:01 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:16:27 +0000 Tam McLaughlin <tamm@scotlegal.com> wrote :

> i am trying something in mysql but can't remember any sql.
> Say i have a field called name in table 1 and i want to select the
> name and the number of times that name appears in the table,
> how would i do it?
> If u can tell me, i can find the equiv syntax in mysql
> thanks.

Maybe you should read the fine manual for mysql at

 	http://www.mysql.com/documentation/index.html

---
Kenny Duffus                                         /~\ The ASCII
Department of Computer & Information Sciences        \ / Ribbon Campaign
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK                X  Against HTML
Tel: +44 (0)141 548 3592    Fax: +44 (0)141 552 5330 / \ Email!