[Scottish] Good ISP for ADSL business and hosting?

Colin McKinnon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 15:46:02 2003

Tam McLaughlin wrote:

> If anyone can recommend another ISP that can provide the same functionality
> at a reasonable cost then I would be grateful. Force9.net may be good for
> home use but not for business.

I can whole-heartedly recommend EdNet (www.ednet.co.uk). We've had our
ADSL service from them for 6 months or so, although they did get hit by
a DDOS during that time, they recovered quickly. They keep us informed
of planned outages (not too frequent). Someone answers the phone (and my
questions!) when I call them. They can offer a range of services
including leased line and SDSL (but the more esoteric stuff is mostly
Edinburgh only).

My plans were to look at gettng a beefier internet connection and by
migrating to VOIP for head office - branch communications, make a big
cost saving - might be worth considering if you need bandwidth / lots of
phone calls to specific sites.

HTH

Colin