[Scottish] Good ISP for ADSL business and hosting?

Paxton, Darren scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 31 09:55:01 2003

Tam

Have you checked if an business cable modem service is available in your
area? I'm not sure if you'd want to go down this route, but you could always
look at hosting all your services yourself, this would allow you full
control over your website and also SMTP management. However the downside to
this would obviously be that your website would be limited in bandwidth by
whatever upload speed is determined by your connection. (Currently I'm on
the 1meg residential cable modem service, therefore I've only got 256k
Upload - not sure about other services - also, I use the NO-IP+ to manage
DNS for my connection, from what I gather, business connections give you
static addresses so it may be an option).

Like i said, not sure if its your cup of tea, but worth pointing out a
possible alternative.

Darren