[Scottish] Internal HTTP server

Phil Deane scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 12 22:52:55 2003

Hi Folks

I am in the process of setting up a computer (From spare parts) for my 6 year
old twin girls for their room.

I want to avoid them using windows, and hopefully have a lightweight WM such
as black box running for them with easy use icons for vcds, cds, games etc.
So all they need to do is click it once and it starts.

The love playing online games on Nick Jr (http://www.nickjr.co.uk) which are
mainly java based games. They wont have access to the net from their room(1.
because I dont want them to have access and 2. My computer is downstairs and
running cables would be a pain the arse and 3. I only have a dial up and I
ain't for sharing it!).

I was was wondering if there is someway I can hoover the site ( or at least
the games) and have it accessible for them on their machine. And also
potentially be able to add to it, by downloading more things for them and
adding it in. ( i dont know as yet if I can download them)

I presume I would need to set some sort of internal web server for them to
use, which would direct them to whatever they want to play.

I am not a novice on Linux, but in no way advanced, so the easier way to do it
would be better.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
--

Phil Deane
http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk