[Scottish] Internal HTTP server

Colin McKinnon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 14:30:01 2003

On Saturday 12 July 2003 22:51, Phil Deane wrote:

> The love playing online games on Nick Jr (http://www.nickjr.co.uk) which
> are mainly java based games. They wont have access to the net from their
> room(1. because I dont want them to have access and 2. My computer is
> downstairs and running cables would be a pain the arse and 3. I only have a
> dial up and I ain't for sharing it!).
>
> I was was wondering if there is someway I can hoover the site ( or at least

Certainly there are programs which will mirror a site locally - I use Pavuk
for this. The problem is that I've not found one that understands the innards
of flash files - you are likely to have the same problem with Java. I was
trying to do exactly the same thing with the cbeebies web site.

I suppose if either of us were really clever we'd build a handler / log
watcher for apache that fetched the missing bits. Maybe someones written one
already.

Colin