[Scottish] Down IRC

Lawrence Sweeney scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 23:15:59 2003

On 2003.07.13 18:01 Stuart M Anderson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Is it just me or is there something wrong with the IRC servers? I
> keep getting
>
>  Looking up irc.freenode.net..
>  Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
>  Cycling to next server in FreeNode...
>  Disconnected.
>
> or
>
>  Looking up irc.scotlug.org.uk..
>  Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
>  Cycling to next server in New Network...
>  Disconnected.
>
> Anyone else having the same problem?
>
> Stuart

whoops sorry, :-)

15:19:56] -Md- [Global Notice] Due to still a still unclear DNS
registration problem, *.freenode.net domains are currently not
resolving. Please use *.freenode.org until this will be fixed, thank
you.
[16:45:05] -lilo- [Global Notice] Hi all.  The freenode domains were
renewed somewhat at the last minute, due to a lack of time to work on
some procedural guidelines for the nonprofit.  Domain service should
repropagate within the next few days.  Apologies for the inconvenience,
and thank you for using the network.

that should help now :-)

cheers

lawrence