[Scottish] Problems with KDE/Kmail after an upgrade

Colin Fraser scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 20 16:10:01 2003

Hi,

Just upgraded to SuSE 8.2 (great distro!) but, and there's always a 'but'...

Suddenly, clicking on a www url in a message in Kmail doesn't work anymore
(normally opens that web page in konqueror). Instead, I get the 'busy' cursor
for a few seconds and, on checking the panel, I see a new konqueror session
showing the rotating icon but this session disappears without showing on the
screen. .xsession-errors shows the message:

Syntax Error: Unknown command
'/home/myid/.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp/19062.0.'

I can't find that file at all!

What's even funnier is that it all works OK for new users I've added since
 the upgrade!

Will also be posting queries with SuSE and KDE but any suggestions from you
will gratefully received.

TIA

Colin

NairnFusion Ltd.
enquiries@nairnfusion.co.uk

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose it to anyone else. Notify the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then delete
it from your system. Unauthorised use or disclosure of this message is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.