[Scottish] Linux videophones

Colin McKinnon scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jun 1 12:31:44 2003

Hi All,

Sorry I missed the fun on Thursday - working hard at my new job :D and various
other commitments meant I couldn't fit it in! Yes, I've found gainful
employment - thanks to all for the encouragement and support.

But down to business - I've bitten the bullet and deleted RedHat from my home
PC - since the boxes at my new place of work run SuSe.

So now I'm thinking it would be cool to get some video telephony /
conferencing / chat setup. Problem is that one end may be behind a
masquerading firewall, the other end has a dynamic addres and, at least for
the time being, neither end has a DNS record. Anybody any suggestions of
software / sites / services?

TIA

Colin