[Scottish] Linux videophones

Jim Jarvie scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jun 1 15:30:01 2003

Try Gnu Gatekeeper (www.gnugk.org).

Alternatively, you can set up a FreeSWAN tunnel (www.freeswan.org) and treat
the remote site as an extension of your network (hence no need to worry
about NAT).

Video over a modem is painful - broadband is much better.  If a move to
broadband is an option, you can approach UKLinux (www.uklinux.net) who I
think are starting to offer broadband and should be able to give you static
IP which makes your firewalling and tunnelling much easier.

Finally, www.fdns.net would allow you to set up your own DNS records or even
your own sub-domain of fdns.net