[Scottish] Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

willie fleming scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 14:22:05 2003

On Wednesday 05 Mar 2003 12:32, David Marsh's list-reading hat wrote:-
> I don't know if other people on the list are aware of the extremely
> useful gmane <http://www.gmane.org/> news<->list gateway?
>
><<snippage>>
> Any thoughts?
>

> David.
Well, what do you all think, then?.
 Personally I dont have a problem with this, but I havent looked at it in
depth yet. I dont use a news-reader, mostly cos I could never keep up with
the bandwidth of stuff I was interested in, rather than for any technical
reason but those of you who do may prefer to get your Scotlug stuff via a
news reader.
Any body got any thoughts on the security aspects of this?

There has been some discussion about moving to hosting our own mailing list
instead of doing it through the lug.org.uk domain but no firm decisions have
been taken.
 I manually get rid of some spam from this most days and approve/disapprove
msgs from non-subscribed addresses but its <5 mins work per day so its no big
deal either way.

As always, your thoughts, suggestions and offers of drink are most welcome
--
Best Regards
Willie Fleming