[Scottish] Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

Will Partain scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 30 17:32:00 2003

Tony Dyer <tony@dyer.demon.co.uk> writes:

> What's the benefit to ME again?

You, or anyone who reads the list via e-mail, will notice
*no change whatsoever*.

Those of us who like, nay adore, gmane will read the list
that way.  (What do I like? -- I have been able to ditch
almost all of my personal mailing-list subscriptions and the
headache of managing them; all gmane lists get put through
spamassassin, so I don't have to set it up everywhere I get
mailing-list mail; the lists are all archived and searchable
without any effort on my part; instead of just wondering if
there's a mailing list about a subject, I just look through
the gmane lists and I'm done; I can usually post, if I want

And if it all goes pear-shaped, and the gmane-fication
somehow mysteriously causes problems for this list, I
*guarantee* you that Lars will make the changes we want,
including de-gmane-ing the list.

There is such a thing as a free lunch.

Will