[Scottish] Debate Next Wednesday

Philip Ward scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon May 5 23:51:02 2003

For those not yet in the know the Edinburgh Branch of the British
Computer Society are having a debate next Wednesday 14th May on the
subject "This house believes competition from Open Source software
benefits the entire software industry".
Linux Developer Stephen Tweedie will be debating with Mark Greatorex,
Microsoft's UK .NET Developer Director.
A healthy representation of Penguins, GNUs, GNOMES, Devils and other
Free creatures would probably speak as loudly as any of the debaters.
Details of the event, hosted at The Royal Pharmaceutical Society, 36
York Place, Edinburgh at 6.00pm are at
http://www.edinburgh.bcs.org/02-03/030514.htm

Also it would be great if a bunch if us could each take along a handful
of Knoppix and GNU Win CDs to give away. Anyone interested in helping
with distribution let me know and we'll see how many CDs we can manage
between us.

Hope to see you there,

--
Philip Ward <PhilWard@bigfoot.com>