[Scottish] Sending display to another machine

Allan Bruce allanmb at f2s.com
Thu Sep 25 14:41:16 BST 2003

Hi there,

I have got my linux machine now setup and running as a router and mail/web
server.  I have it stashed away with no monitor/mouse/keyb so that it is
less ugly to my spare room (or at least for the wife!).  I can telnet to it
fine, but I want to be able to get a graphical display of it also.  Is there
a program I can use to do this? I have tried VNC but it doesnt seem to work
well with the new KDE - I dont get any icons or menus, which renders it
pretty useless.
To make matters more difficult, I want to route the display back to a
windows machine if possible.  Does anybody know if (and how) I can do this?

Thanks
Allan