[Scottish] Sending display to another machine

Allan Bruce allanmb at f2s.com
Fri Sep 26 10:37:51 BST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Barton" <john.barton at clacks.ac.uk>
To: "'Allan Bruce'" <allanmb at f2s.com>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 10:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Scottish] Sending display to another machine

> Have you checked if MS Win XP (sp1) is running the internal windows
> firewall.  If so it might be blocking ports??

No it isnt running - I am getting connected, and I see the backdrop of KDE
but just no icons, menus or windows.  Well, sometimes they appear for a few
milliseconds before disappearing, but mostly they are never there.  I do get
the clipboard icon until I click it, and then it disappears too!
Thanks
Allan