[Scottish] [Fwd: Demon ADSL]

John Hallam jhallam at inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 06:04:07 BST 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Ian Robertson wrote:

> Am hopeful of running router(netgear) to give access once connected in
> the next few days.  How easy to configure/test?

	I have a netgear RT311, which is a NAT/firewall router.  If you
get a similar one ask me, and I'll give you a rather vicious filter set
for it :=).  Bear in mind that Netgear technical support is (was, 2 yrs
ago) almost completely useless on these products -- anyone who has read
the documentation knows more than they do.

	I get my ADSL connection from Danish Telecom (since I live in
Denmark now) so my experiences there are not relevant to you.

John.