[Scottish] suidperl on gentoo

Ian Drake ian at bigpileofpants.net
Mon Dec 13 13:06:13 GMT 2004

Sorry if I am asking yet another easy question - but I've found myself
trying to setup openwebmail on a gentoo box. I seem to have got all the
required packages installed, but I seem to be missing "suidperl" from my
perl installation. I've tried googling for a tar.gz for both the terms
"sperl" and "suidperl" but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to go about adding suidperl to a gentoo machine?

(I even tried a .rpm after emegering rpm on the gentoo machine - had to
use --nodeps to get it installed; all I get now is a "/usr/bin/suidperl:
symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/suidperl: undefined symbol: PL_op_mutex"
error)