[Scottish] I'm astonished!

edhogg at equus.demon.co.uk edhogg at equus.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 09:39:19 GMT 2004

Darren.Paxton at mercer.com wrote:
> Don't know about the rest of you, but I would never have thought that the
> makers of Mydoom were targeting SCO due to the current litigation.
>
> Nice to see the bleeding edge of journalism at its best!

I used the feedback function of the BBC website to complain to the BBC for inaccurate reporting. I gave them a couple of other news websites (Australian Broadcasting corporation and the Atlanta Constitution Journal) to show stories that had got the Russian origin and purpose of the virus correct and another couple of sites detailing the purpose (viruslist and Symantec)

I know another story about this got amended after email in from dribbling Linux loons so if you use the feedback form, be rational and cite sources (preferably "repectable ones", this may not be Newsforge) maybe the Beeb will change the article.

ed