[Scottish] I'm astonished!

Daragh Mc Grath daragh.ilug at eircom.net
Thu Feb 5 11:54:51 GMT 2004

edhogg at equus.demon.co.uk wrote:

> I used the feedback function of the BBC website to complain to the BBC for inaccurate reporting. I gave them a couple of other news websites (Australian Broadcasting corporation and the Atlanta Constitution Journal) to show stories that had got the Russian origin and purpose of the virus correct and another couple of sites detailing the purpose (viruslist and Symantec)
>
> I know another story about this got amended after email in from dribbling Linux loons so if you use the feedback form, be rational and cite sources (preferably "repectable ones", this may not be Newsforge) maybe the Beeb will change the article.

Folks,

There's quite a horrifying situation unfolding on the Irish Linux User
Group about this also. All details can be found at the below link:

http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2004-February/thread.html

Of particular interest are the below threads, but there's plenty of
others related too:

[ILUG] Morning Ireland piece on MyDoom virus
[ILUG] - Press Release -- ILUG Refutes Claims made on Morning Ireland
about MyDoom and Linux/OSS community
[ILUG] END OF THREAD -- ILUG Refutes Claims made on Morning
[ILUG] Re: [ILUG-C] Response draft - DO NOT RELEASE
[ILUG] The response to yesterday's mail to Mr. Campbell

--
Regards,
Daragh