[Scottish] Joining SLUG

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jul 14 18:31:14 BST 2004

Gary wrote:
> [snip]
> Some points though, do you need any kind of student id to be in the
> university grounds?

No, not for Livingston Tower - the Strathclyde Uni campus, like Glasgow Uni,
is sited on mainly public streets.  Once inside, go into the lifts, get off
at level 13, then follow the penguin signs.

> Any suggestions to people that have never been there, ie where to park,
> which entrance to use and possibly which evasive manoeuvres required to
> avoid campus security personnel (-;

You generally can't park on Richmond Street, but there are usually the odd
space or two on Montrose Street (they're pay-and-display, but all of
Glasgow's single-yellow and pay parking restrictions end at 6pm on a
weeknight) and there's an NCP within spitting distance if you don't mind
paying a couple of quid.

The main entrance on Richmond Street for Livi Tower is the easiest and best
way in.  When moving to the Counting House, we just go out onto Richmond St,
then walk down onto George Street.  There are usually plenty of people to
tag along with down to the pub.

If you decide to drive down to George Square or St. Vincent Street for a
cheeky space beside the pub (as I tend to do, hehe), go down Montrose St,
right onto Cochrane St and start looking for spaces once you're in George
Square :)

http://www.strath.ac.uk/maps/livingstone.htm for more spatial awareness -
the pub (most important bit!) is at the bottom left corner of George Square.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him