[Scottish] Dvd Burners and their fickle ways

ray rayH at engineering-intelligence.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 10:34:44 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 10:10, ray wrote:
ra> On Thursday 22 July 2004 00:42, Phil Deane wrote:
ra> PD> Burned a data DVD full of FLACS and SHNS in k3b.

And ray had failed to read Phil's post carefully before getting itchy fingers, hence the totally off-topic reply.

PD>Burned a new disc in Windows, of different FLACS and SHN's. Played fine
Was this in the DVD-ROM or DVD writer?

When you try to read from the DVD writer are you using Konqueror or K3B?  Have you tried another brand of DVD media?

I am wondering whether K3B is using a lower laser power setting for reading than the MS Windows (I refuse to allow MS to appropriate the use of the generic term "windows") software.

--
ray